Ah, the perfect burger. Nothing can compare to a juicy, flavourful, succulent burger. Don’t you agree?
We all dream of eating the burger of our dreams! But when you think of burger perfection, how do you envision it? A hamburger with the gooey, oozing melted cheese? Well-cooked and seasoned patties? Perfectly toasted buns? Well, whatever your idea of a perfect burger is, we’re here to help!
Here is your ultimate step-by-step guide on how to make perfect burgers at home.
The secret to making the perfect burger patties is in the ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Get your hands on some ground beef. We recommend 80/20, but you can go leaner or fatter depending on your tastes and how you like your burgers cooked.
2. Put the ground beef in a bowl, and add salt and pepper to taste (a pinch of each is usually good).
3. Add other seasonings if you’d like—we like adding garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to ours!
4. Form the mixture into round patties using your hands (or a cookie cutter or ice cream scoop if you want to get fancy). You can make them as thick or thin as you’d like—just make sure they’re all about the same size so they’ll cook evenly!
5. Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and refrigerate until ready to cook (you can let them sit overnight if you’re making them ahead of time).
Making the perfect burger patty is an art form. While throwing a bunch of meat on the grill is tempting, it’s important to ensure that your patties are perfectly round and stay intact before they get to the grill!
Here are some tips for getting your burger patties right every time:
We hope we’ve inspired you to give homemade patties a try. There’s always room for improvement, so feel free to experiment if you’d like to find the perfect balance of salt and pepper, meat and fat—it all depends on your personal preferences. From the meat to the seasoning and everything in between, there’s more than a few ways to prepare your burger patties.
If you have no time to make your own perfect burgers, Shorty’s got you. Shorty’s Food Truck is always here to serve your favourite delicious meals with a smile.
Contact us at 0486 060 606 or email us at ho***@sh**************.au to learn more about us!